Run 2445 Hare Cans
Swan View Cohare Pitt
A First Class Run
With a combined 92 years of hashing, we were expecting a good run and Cans and Pitt delivered in spades. We have not had run in this area for a long time and most of us were unaware of the area of bushland between Swan View and Stratton. The run started off as a street run but soon veered into the bushland and we soon came across the Midland Cemetery. I have to mention a mausoleum which was the size of a small house and commemorated one of Lasagne’s countrymen. Must have cost the family a fortune.
Then into the bush proper and the marking of the trail bordered on perfection. In the more open area the markings were well spaced out and false trails did what they were supposed to do – allowing the backmarkers to catch up with the front runners. Many a time, we were passed by Boner, Seagull and FT which does not happen very often. When the bush was very dense, the trail was marked at very close intervals and kept the pack together. A testament to the run was the site of the pack arriving within a minute of each other. There were the usual complaints of sand and the likelihood of ticks but I can safely report that I came out of it tick free (I got 2 tick bites from Horse’s run) The run will have to be a contestant for run of the year and I would have given it a 9.9 score – the 0.1 was deducted for something or other.
The food complemented the run – cheese and biscuits, rolls with cold meat and salad and boiled eggs and all the trimmings and exceptional red wines.
Other happenings during the evening
- Captains dog had a crap near the wagon and I had the misfortune of treading on it. Thanks, Captain.
- Botak got a down down for being the 1st to pay his 2017 fees.
- Dollar tuned 70 and put on a carton.
- Rumpole was presented with a plate to complement his down down glass. It was suggested that he should be given a similar sized container to hold his chips.
- Gumby and Mastitis were our visitors.
- Colonel is basking in his new title of bucket pilot. An impressive title is a reward for the responsibility of counting the returns.
- Action kept his record telling a good joke – it is amazing how the circle has become very quiet during this segment.
Well done, Cans and Pitt. A first class evening and it is appreciated by all of us when the hares put a lot of effort into a run.
On on, Crayfish (as ghost writer for Kilkenny).